CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Update

This last week has been a long one. My adoption agency had a conference call on Tuesday, and then I spoke with the head of the agency again on Thursday. Of course it is necessary that I stay in touch with the agency and know what is going on, but every contact seems to stress me out. I do so much better when I distract myself with other things, and don't think about the adoption stuff!

As for the update, everything is pretty much the same. Our dossier (adoption paperwork) is in VN, but we still won't get a referral by Sept. 1 which means we will be shut out. The main purpose of this week's conference was to discuss the fact that the fees will have to be increased since adoptions are taking so long.

The only real positives out of the conversation seemed to be that 1) the US and VN have done a few things lately that communicated that they are trying to "play nice" and 2) there has been talk on the US side about an interim agreement. The interim agreement might be the saving grace for us, so I am really hoping that happens.

One thing that I have to say about this whole situation is that I am really glad that my adoption agency is being honest with us. Sometimes they tell us truths that hurt, but I would rather know the truth. I am forever reading adoption blogs online. I know of several blogs where the authors sent their paperwork to VN around the same time as us. They are still under the impression that they are not going to get shut out of VN. I don't know if their agencies don't have the correct information to share with them (my adoption coordinator is in constant contact with the head of adoptions in VN, and has the most up-to-date info), or whether their agencies are hiding the truth from them. I just know that it would be very painful to have thought we were okay for months, and then to be closed out in Sept. I would rather see the train coming!

Well, that's it for now. We could use all of your prayers and positive thoughts!

0 comments: