CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No news is. . .

not good news in this case. When I don't write anything, it means I have nothing upbeat and positive to share.

We had a conference call with the adoption agency this week. We didn't really get any new information to share. Essentially, there are lots of people working tirelessly to address the issues in Vietnam, and in international adoption in general. There's talk in VN and the US of an interim agreement, of a very short closing of adoptions (about 4 months), and of continuing the process for anyone whose dossier is in VN at the time of closing. Any of those things would be good news for us, but it's all just talk right now.

The head of my adoption agency wrote a very good letter explaining the situation with international adoptions. I'll post that later because she is much more eloquent and knowledgeable than me.

As for the consideration of a concurrent adoption with Taiwan, I think we have decided against it. At this point, I feel like I have done so much to bring a child into our home. I guess I am just out of energy and have decided that what will be will be.

So that's where we are right now. Prayers and positive thoughts are still appreciated.

Here are the latest pics of the cute nieces. Today we saw the Chick Fil A cow and Katie LOVED him. She must have hugged him 20 times. Too cute!


0 comments: