CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

S T R E S S!!!

I am feeling extremely stressed out by recent events.

First, last night I noticed that furry baby, Cammie, had a swollen cheek. Over the course of the night, kitty scratched his face and burst the abscess (as it now has been identified). We had a lovely evening with kitty bleeding all over the place. I got up at 7 am today and spent the entire day finding a vet that could fit kitty in (regular vet couldn't be bothered--don't even get me started on that!), taking him to the vet, giving him meds, cleaning the wound. . . you get the picture. And it looks like the poor baby will have to have surgery next week. This fact has me stressing because Cammie has herpes virus. I won't go into all the details, but it essentially means that he is immunologically compromised, and so whenever we have to deal with shots or surgery, his body does not react well. Right now he is zonked out beside me on the bed. He is probably bleeding on the sheets, but I can't bring myself to bother the poor thing.


In addition to the stresses of cat ownership, I am dealing with adoption stress. Chris and I have found out that we got into a program for Taiwan. It is a really good program and could mean that we could have a referral in 6-12 months. Yippee! So what's the problem, right? Well, the program is a little more expensive and we already have lots of money tied up with Vietnam that we cannot get back. We are toying with the thought of beginning the Taiwan program while staying in the Vietnam program, and then completing whichever program gets us a referral first. It's a lovely idea, but since we are not wealthy, it is going to be financially stressful. If we do this, we will be consciously deciding to lose at least 6k bucks. Of course, we kinda feel like we have already lost that to the Vietnam program since we are not optimistic about completing the adoption. Does all that make sense? I think I am babbling. To sum it all up, we know that God has a plan for our adoption, but right now it seems like his plan is for us to be really poor.

As a mull over this huge decision, I get a phone call from dear hubby. To give you some background, we found out two weeks ago that hubby is essentially being laid off from his job of 11 years. So now he calls me and is telling me that he may have an interview and can I help him type up a resume. I realize this could be very good news, but you know how your body cannot really distinguish between good and bad stress? Yeah, right now my body and mind are on total overload.

Ok, so it was cathartic to get that all out. If you are still reading this, thanks for hanging in there. Two bits of good news: the sun is finally coming out after 10 days of rain, and Cammie didn't get any blood on the bed. :) Oh, BTW. . .our niece, Alisa, is 6 years old today. Happy Birthday B.B.! We love you!!!

0 comments: