CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Not good at waiting

So it is becoming very apparent that I suck at waiting. I am exercising self control and not calling the agency all the time. Actually, I have only called them once, and they said that the scrapbook looked awesome, someone had already looked at it, and she liked it the best. Still, said person is no where near the point of choosing adoptive parents. So we wait, and wait some more. And after 4 1/2 years of waiting, I grow impatient. And I was not a patient person to begin with!

It probably does not help that EVERYONE at work is preggers. I am so envious of their luxury of being able to plan. I am so unsure when or even if a baby will be in our future. There is no due date and no ultrasound to tell me boy or girl. I would love to start buying clothes and decorating the nursery, but I both don't want to jinx myself, and I have no idea when baby boy or girl will be here. So I look at names and dream. And I look at nursery stuff and dream. Hopefully one day. . .

Tonight as I was looking at some blogs, I realized that I really should just be thankful for what I have (ha, ha--after I just griped for two paragraphs). But in all seriousness, I came across several adoption blogs where the little angels are sick with cancer or heart problems. I feel for these families and pray their babies get all better. Some have prayer requests so I will link those to my blog in the near future.

No pictures to post today. I haven't really taken any since Christmas. My cutest subjects, nieces and nephews, haven't been around lately. Hopefully in the next post. :)

2 comments:

Shanna Mac said...

patience is over-rated (sp?). an active mind gets the good energy going out there in the direction you want it. embrace your impatience--it's served you well for many years.

i like christian alexander. will that be weird if he decides to become buddhist? i also LOVE logan, though i have post student name associations on that one--you know how those go!

we need to see each other in person. let us make plans and follow through. and also let's mean it this time!!

Lisbeth said...

Ah, yes. Several teachers have warned me about the name Logan. It's sad b/c it is such a pretty name.

I'm game for getting together. When/where is good for you? I am sure that I am much more flexible since I don't have two little ones (although I do have that darned job. . .inconvenient, isn't it?!) :)