CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

A new start

As you may have noticed, I have removed a lot of the Vietnam information from our page. That is because our adoption, like so many others, fell through on Sept. 1. We were devastated, and lost a lot of time, money and emotional investment. I guess you could say that I have been going through a grieving process, and I don't know that I will ever feel truly okay about losing out on my chance for a Vietnamese princess. Still, life must go on, and Chris and I still want to start a family. Our next step was to pursue adoption in Taiwan. I was ready to mail off the money when the US gov't did something else to ruin our chance of a VN adoption (I won't go into it here, but I am disgraced by some of the people who work for the US government). Anyway, we felt like we could not take a chance on international adoption again. I wish we could, and I respect those who are persevering, but it's not for us. So we decided to go with domestic adoption. I know that this process has its own list of risks, but we are going to give it a try, and hope it works out. I guess today is the beginning of the new adoption. After spending months on the adoption scrapbook, today I mailed the scrapbook, application and fee. The agency already has our updated homestudy. So now I guess the waiting begins. Hopefully soon we will welcome sweet Caroline into our home and heart. . . or maybe sweet Logan!

On another topic, Christmas was wonderful, happy and blessed. . . and busy, tiring and loud!:) Here are some pics of the little ones (nieces and nephews):


0 comments: