CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

On the fast track

So we got an email from our adoption agency explaining some of the problems that have arisen in Vietnam lately, and letting us know that there is a possibility that because of these problems Vietnam will close in June. Vietnam closing in June will not affect anyone who already has a referral. So now it seems that I am on the adoption fast track. They called that day and said let's go ahead and start your homestudy (even though you are short one reference), and another person from the agency told me that we may very well be able to match me with a child by June (a referral in five months!. . . since when?). I thought about switching agencies, switching countries, but my sis has convinced me to hold tight for now. She says there is ALWAYS a chance that a county will shut down, and it matters most that you have a good agency (which I think I do). We were assigned a social worker day before yesterday, and the homestudy should be complete by the end of Jan. During that time, Chris and I have to fulfill our adoption education requirements, so I am in the process of trying to find some classes, books, etc that interest us.

Hubby's main concern about the fast track is that we will have to come up with all that money much more quickly. It stresses me out a bit too, but what can you do? We will probably end up with some debt, but I don't see any other option.

As for my furry baby, she seems to be better. She went right back to feeling rotten after I stopped the steroid pills. Then we had a few warm days where we did not have to run the heat, and wala! she was all better. Now the heat has come back on, but doesn't seem to be bothering her this time (knock on wood). And Sydney and I are both happy to report that she has finished all her medicine, so no more giving her pills twice a day (yeah!).

The pergola is up and looks awesome. I really will take a picture soon. . . I promise. Just not now because it is Sat. morning and it is 40 degrees outside. Brrrrr!

Well, that's about all that is going on around here. I'll keep you posted!

0 comments: