CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

And our number is. . . .

Okay, so our agency doesn't usually give out the number you are on the waiting for a referral list. . . probably because people like me stress about it. :) Anyway, they decided to give us our numbers at this time. Mind you, they have been saying they expect to get referrals for 24 more families. Our number? 25 of course! So here I sit cussing like a sailor!!!

Our only hope is that the prime minister of VN changes his mind and says that anyone who has their paperwork in VN on July 1 can complete their adoption. Come to find out, he did this for the French when their MOA expired. I know that the American government is perceived as being pushy and obnoxious, but come on. . .so are the French! If he did it for them, he should do it for us. Keep your fingers crossed!

Remember those phone calls and letters I asked you guys to write? Well, the letter was signed by about 150 congress people and sent to C. Rice. A copy was also sent to the prime minister of VN. Hopefully that will encourage him to change his mind! We should be receiving a copy of the letter soon, so I will post it when I get it.

On another note, I painted the guest room. Tell me the truth. . . is it too blue?

1 comments:

Shanna Mac said...

LOVE the color. It almost makes me think you're a closeted Tar Heel.

25 is still a good number. Yes, 4 would be better, but still. Let's just ignore that 24 spots to fill business. It's going to work out my friend. And then you'll be sleep deprived, forgetting to brush your teeth and walking around with random torn stickers in your hair as you go through the grocery line...